Monday, February 15, 2010

Anything to Make Them Happy



Dear all...

It has been another relaxing holiday amidst finishing work from home. I took my two kids to Gambang Waterpark which is about 35 km from Kuantan. I actually hate big crowd. I appreciate peace and calmness but for the kids, I would give it a try. When we arrived, true


enough, the crowd gave me a second thought ,but I would always try not to disappoint my kids."Well, today is YOUR DAY fellas!" I quipped.

Teh is almost 8 and Shafiq is already 13. They would survive in that close to 10,000 crowd that day! When I thought there were no smaller kids around, I was wrong! My God there were even babies in that huge crowd! Well, I was observing these `courageous' parents. They actually took their kids out when it was obvious that the best thing to do was stay at home.

Everywhere you go during this peak season, you have to queue. Yup! I did! Just to get the food, I had to queue from 2.30 - 4.30 pm. How do I know this? They have a big clock in front of the penguin express counter (so much of an express counter!). My swimming attire which was initially wet, dried as I reached half-way through the line. It was a disaster but for my kids, I actually paved my way while teh and I had spelling test and maths quiz while in line. Along the people who were queueing up were parents carrying babies and I thought, my predicament was not that bad after all! And so we got our food at 4.30, ate it like we had never seen food for a week and quickly ran to the long rides and had fun til the waterpark gave the announcement that it would close at 5.45pm. Close to 6 p.m. I asked one of the lifeguards to take a photo of us - when everything was quiet and back to normal.



Well, there are so much things to share people but the reason why Im writing this is I think, parents who spend time with their children are those who understand and willing to sacrifice to go the extra mile to fulfill their children's interests. If it is not for the children, what on earth are we doing during our holiday, going through the crowd and had to withstand all the odd moments. If you were married one day and had kids, just bring them out regardless of the crowd. It is rare that your holidays will coincide with the school holidays which mean if you are so particular about the crowd, you will miss those precious moments in their lifetime. Just blend in the crowd, be happy for them and who knows you will end up like me smiling all the way home cause I got to be a little kid again.hehe

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

u kn0w what.. n0w, i'm c0unting the days t0 g0 there..

(^_^)

Anonymous said...

salam..
wahh... bestnyer..
congrats madm, i think, all the children like to have a mother like you..hehe...
you make me cry.. i'm proud to be one of your students. you open my mind..heheee...

SYB said...

parents who willing to talk and LISTEN to their children are always the best parents. listen to them by heart not by ears and talk to them with love not with power. =)

-saadahsaari,parenting class-

Anonymous said...

yes,parent should/must spend time for their family,thats what family all about,make each other happy ,comfort each other..
I've wrote before this,parent should be friend with their children,i think thats the best way to create good and strong relation between them..